Though we offer some chem-free options for pest control, some pest issues may not be severe enough to need professional help. For those little nuisances around the house, here are some natural solutions for safe pest control around your Austin home.
- Cucumbers – Did you know that some kinds of ants have a natural aversion to cucumber? Try setting out some cucumber slices in the kitchen to keep away these pesky ants.
- Soapy Water – Put some soapy water into a spray bottle as a pesticide-free way to rid ants from your countertops.
- Spices & Scents – If you know where the ants are coming in from, try tracing the ant column back to their point of entry. In this area, place one of these at the entry: cayenne pepper, citrus oil, lemon juice, cinnamon or coffee grounds. These items act as deterrents in which ants will not usually cross.
- Soapy Water – Put some soapy water into a spray bottle as a pesticide-free and touch-free way to kill cockroaches.
- Bread & Beer – Place beer-soaked bread at points of entry for the cockroaches to rid them from your home.
- Spices & Scents – Bay leaves, cucumber slices, or garlic can also act as deterrents. Place these in affected areas.
- Sage or Rosemary – Try placing one of these items in the coals of your barbeque pit to repel mosquitos.
- Garlic Juice – Mix one part garlic juice with 5 parts water in a small spray bottle for an effective natural bug repellent. Shake well before using. Spraying this mixture on your exposed body parts can repel mosquitoes for 5-6 hours.
- Marigolds – Planting marigolds around your yard can work as a natural bug repellent. These types of flowers emit a fragrance that bugs and certain flying insects do not like
Remember, if you notice pests continuing to cause a problem or becoming more severe, don’t hesitate to call us! Visit our website for more information on safe pest control.