San Antonio Commercial HVAC
A finely tuned commercial HVAC system works more efficiently and can save your San Antonio business from costly repairs. There are some free and low cost options for saving on energy and bills that you can implement easily into your business or facility. Some of those include:
- If possible, adjust workplace schedules to reduce energy use during the hours when there is most demand for electricity. If employees start work earlier or have lunch during the hottest hour of the day, a company can save on air conditioning, lighting and other electricity use during the hours of peak electricity demand.
- Prevent solar entry and air-conditioning loss during the summer. Use shades and blinds to keep the sun out. Close doors to the outside to keep in cooler air.
- Add controls to the exhaust fan. These fans remove air you have already paid to cool. Ask your air conditioning contractor to install timers and switches to shut them off when they are not needed, such as when the building is unoccupied.
- Install an energy-efficient attic fan or evaporative cooler. Attic fans or evaporative coolers help reduce or replace air conditioner use.
- Perform regular maintenance on cooling equipment. Regularly clean condenser coils, change belts and filters and fix duct leaks. Also check for proper economizer operation and adequate refrigerant levels. Maintenance activities can save up to 30% of fan energy and up to 10% of space conditioning energy use.
- Perform regular maintenance on heating equipment. Inspect and patch leaky heating ducts. Fix steam leaks. Clean blower coils and heat exchanger surfaces. Adjust belt drives, dampers, valves and linkages.
- Perform regular maintenance to keep heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems running more efficiently. Maintenance activities can save up to 30% of fan energy and up to 10% of space conditioning energy use.
- Reduce air conditioning and heating hours by installing a time clock to turn off the system when the building is unoccupied.
ABC San Antonio’s Commercial HVAC Maintenance Program provides regular check-ups for all brands of AC and heating systems. Our Maintenance checklist includes items like:
- Check refrigerant pressures
- Test for proper voltage
- Check & lubricate blowers & fan motors
- Test for natural gas leaks and carbon monoxide levels
- Inspect air ducts for leakage or damage
- Inspection and replacement of filters