The worst time to discover your air conditioner is failing is when the sun is blazing, there is no breeze and you need some cool air right away. In order to avoid sweating inside your home, waiting for the repair person to save everyone, you will want to know how to tell when your AC is failing so you can be proactive. If you notice any of the following, it’s best to call in a licensed professional to find out exactly what is going on.
- Loud or increasing noise or vibrations.
- You notice more dust on your furniture. Your vents could be clogging up.
- You start to smell a moldy or burning odor from around the AC unit itself, if it is easily accessible. That could mean too much moisture or a problem with wiring.
- Energy bills spike up suddenly, with no other electrical or gas issues.
- Nothing happens when you flip on the unit, … Read Full Post »