The most valuable part of your home’s landscape is the trees. Healthy, mature shade trees significantly improve a home’s curb appeal and value, and often reduce energy costs.
How To Trim a Tree
In this article, we’ll look at how you can safely trim a tree without causing harm to the tree itself.
Why Should You Prune a Tree?
There are a number of reasons why a homeowner might want to trim trees on their property. Here are a few of the reasons why pruning a tree makes sense:
- Removing dead limbs before they can cause damage to property, people or pets.
- Allowing more sunlight into the yard.
- Preventing rodents and other pests from using branches as a pathway to your roof.
- Eliminating branches that interfere with fencing, structures or other landscaping.
- Creating a better shape or removing erratic growth.
- Removing suckers (new growth) at the base … Read Full Post »