Average Cost of Heating Water
Expenses for air conditioning and heating in San Antonio can be costly and the energy used to heat water can be expensive as well. About 20% of an average family’s energy consumption goes to heating water for household activities like dishwashing, clothes washing, showering, and bathing. Traditional water heaters that store water can cost around $450 to operate every year and about 20% of that cost goes to waste year after year. Those conventional water heaters waste energy because they keep heating water in storage tanks even when nobody is using the water.
Benefits of a Tankless Water Heater
- You may qualify for a tax credit if you install an efficient water heater in your home.
- When you turn on a tap, a tankless unit will supply hot water within five seconds.
- You never run out of hot water with a tankless heater.
- A tankless heater requires much less space and can even hang on a wall because of its small size and light weight.
- Tankless heaters normally last more than twice as long as traditional water heaters.
- Tankless water heaters are energy-efficient because they heat only the water you need.
Your San Antonio plumbing service representatives can help you determine whether the energy efficiency that a tankless hot water heater provides will make it financially worthwhile for you to switch.
When it is Best to Continue Using a Traditional Water Heater
Although a tankless unit can supply hot water continuously, it may not be suitable for a large family with several people using hot water at the same time. A traditional water heater with a storage tank may be better at supplying hot water for a dishwasher, washing machine and shower when they are all running at once.
A tankless water heater’s energy efficiency saves money through the years, but the initial cost of purchase and installation is higher, which may be a problem for some families.
For more information about both traditional and tankless water heaters, contact the professionals at ABC Home & Commercial Services and let us help you choose what’s best for your home.
– See more at: http://www.abchomeandcommercial.com/blog/san-antonio-plumbing-service-worth-switching-tankless-water-heater/#sthash.HsAzf6wC.dpuf