If you’re like most homeowners, you want to solve unexpected plumbing problems as quickly and cheaply as possible. When a drain gets clogged or your toilet won’t stop running, you may be tempted to call a friend who knows a thing or two about plumbing. It’s possible that an amateur can indeed fix a small problem if it turns out to be what he expected. However, if something goes wrong, the integrity of your entire house could be at risk. Unless you’ve always wanted to turn your home into a mold-infested water park, go the safer route and hire a licensed professional plumber instead.
The Value of a Plumbing License
It’s not easy to get a plumbing license. Plumbers must pass rigorous tests and obtain years of hands-on experience to make the cut. Unlike an amateur, a licensed plumber is prepared to handle any potential problem that arises while they’re working. They know how to fix it properly; many amateurs rely on guess work, and they may not even have the proper tools or supplies. It may seem like a great option at the time, but trusting an amateur is taking a huge risk.
What Could Possibly Go Wrong?
Here’s what you may have to face when you hire some guy with a drain snake instead of a highly trained plumber:
• Repairs that don’t work, don’t last or cause more problems than they correct
• Extensive structural water damage and mold growth related to faulty work
• Shocking utility bills due to water waste
• Sewer gas release
• Voided product warranties
• Injuries to the person doing the work
• Injuries to you or your family members caused by faulty installation or repairs
• Illness related to water contamination or pollution
• Having to hire a professional plumber to clean up a disastrous mess that would have been far less expensive if you’d called him or her in the first place
To learn more about the plumbing industry and the value of hiring a professional, visit the Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors Association website.
An ABC Licensed Plumber Is at Your Disposal
When plumbing problems cause chaos in your San Antonio home, you can trust ABC Home & Commercial Services to calm the waters. Whether it’s a slow drain or a busted pipe, our fully licensed plumbing specialists have the experience and knowledge to resolve it quickly and safely while minimizing damage. There’s no such thing as a convenient time for a plumbing emergency, so we’re available 24 hours a day and seven days a week. To learn more about our services and credentials, visit us on the web and schedule a free estimate.