Some people think compost is only for gardens, but compost can be beneficial for lawns as well. Beautiful landscaping should include composting to provide soil with the rich nutrients needed for healthy lawns.
- Microorganisms in compost help control plant pathogens and diseases in the soil.
- Compost attaches to contaminants in the soil to prevent plants from absorbing them and to keep them from polluting waterways.
- Composting helps prevent erosion by holding the soil and water together.
- Compost attracts earthworms along with other macro-organisms and their tunneling creates necessary space for air and water in the soil.
- Compost contains sulfur, potassium, phosphorus, nitrogen and microorganisms necessary for plant growth.
When lawn care in Austin incorporates composting, the results are gorgeous, vigorous lawns that enhance Austin’s landscaping.
Create Your Own Compost
You can make compost with kitchen scraps and yard waste. If you manage your compost bin well, the compost will be ready to apply in just a few … Read Full Post »