Having a pool at your home can provide endless entertainment for your family, but there’s also the ever-present danger of injury and drowning, especially for young children. The privilege of a beautiful swimming pool comes with the responsibility of protecting those around you from harm. Adopt these pool safety practices below to ensure the well-being of swimmers of any age.
Follow these steps to keep swimmers safe while they are in the pool:
- Maintain adult supervision of children in the swimming pool at all times.
- Store a first aid kit in proximity to the pool for the treatment of minor injuries.
- Keep life preservers, kickboards, rope, and a pole in the general vicinity of the pool for easy access.
- Learn CPR, and encourage all adult members of your house to become certified as well. The city of Austin provides training in CPR to residents. Learn more.
- Create a list of pool safety rules, communicate them to … Read Full Post »