As the temperature starts to warm up and the first signs of spring appear, homeowners quickly turn their attention to their yards, as many grasses and plants go dormant during the cooler months of the year. When considering your landscaping, spring cleanup can consist of:
- Clearing all debris, including dead leaves, fallen branches, pet waste and other clutter.
- Planning your mowing, fertilizing and watering schedule, or signing up for a lawn service to take over these regular tasks for you.
- Dethatching any dead roots or leaves in your lawn that may prevent your newly growing plants from getting the nutrients they need.
- Pruning trees and shrubs to encourage healthy growth.
- Take a blower to patios and decks to get all dust and other particles off of your commonly used spaces
- Giving your lawn and landscaping some breathing room by planning to aerate.
- Re-edging your flower beds.
- Beginning a regular watering and weeding routine to encourage new growth of … Read Full Post »