ABC Corpus Christi’s Culture
A family like no other, ABC is uniquely Corpus Christi.
Working at ABC
Even if you’ve only been in the Corpus area for a few months, chances are you’ve seen or heard ABC around town. There is no other company that does what we do and is part of the community the way we are. Everyone at ABC is truly like a family member and is treated that way, which is why the average tenure is 24 years for the senior management team! Like Corpus Christi, ABC is very unique.
When you work at our office in Corpus Christi, you can expect to be surrounded by a group of down to Earth people who inspire and uplift you every day. You may travel on the job from Victoria, to Port O’Connor, to points in between, but you’ll be part of one team serving the citizens of the area. You’ll be challenged to grow your career and deepen your knowledge and understanding of your field through trainings and mentor programs, and are connected with the Austin office and management teams regularly.
Beyond the Job
Beyond career and advancement opportunities at ABC, you will be able to make lasting friendships with your co-workers. Aside from the “9-5,” many ABC folks have joined a softball league together, participate in the ABC Fantasy Football league, regularly BBQ in the parking lot, help volunteer at any community events as an ABC team, and serve on the diversity and inclusion committee.
At ABC, we are dedicated to helping the community – whether it’s through the donation of services to the less fortunate or by volunteering with external organizations to better the lives of others. ABC is involved with various organizations, doating in-kind services, staff volunteer hours, and being involved with community events. From sponsoring local high school sports, to beach cleanups and the Coastal Bend Heart Walk, ABC takes pride in our employee’s commitment to volunteering.
Our Core Values
Together as an ABC Family, we created our core behaviors: with each other, with our customers, and in our community. We strive to abide by these behaviors and help uphold others to them.
How We Interact With Our Customers
- Treat customer’s property with respect
- Be punctual
- Always make a great first impression
- Educate your customers
- Practice active listening
- Be empathetic
- Build long-term relationships with customers
- Communicate with courtesy
- Always exceed expectations
- Respect our team in front of the customer
- Always maintain a professional image
- Take extreme ownership of customer
- Smile, be friendly, have a can-do attitude
- Always say thank you to customers
How We Interact With Our Colleagues
- Be approachable with each other
- Have a sense of humor
- Be positive with each other
- Treat each other like customers
- Congratulate, motive, and encourage each other
- Be open-minded and embrace change
- Welcome/encourage feedback
- Always do the right thing
- Find opportunities to get to know peers
- Be supportive in times of need
- Take extreme ownership/show pride in work
- Practice clear communication
- Treat each other with respect
How We Interact with the Community
- Practice safe and courtesy driving
- Perform random acts of kindness
- Support community causes
- Be environmentally responsible
- Proudly represent ABC
- Treat everybody like a customer
- Educate communities and schools