Why Tree Removal is Important
ABC’s certified arborists can safely handle the removal of most types of trees from your property. When you notice that a tree on your property is dying, having it assessed for limb removal or total removal can protect your family and your home from potential danger.
Some of the reasons you might want to remove a tree include:
- Serious damage to tree due to a storm or weather-related event
- Roots or branches endanger your roof or foundation
- The height of the tree has grown too close to overhead power lines
- The costs of repeatedly removing dead wood have become more expensive than removing the entire tree
- Your tree drops a large amount of debris in your yard and attracts pests
- An assessment from a tree expert which indicates that 50% or more of the tree is damaged or if over 25% of the trunk shows signs of disease or decay
- A hollow trunk, large dead branches, a leaning tree or a concentration on dead limbs on one side of your tree
Removing a tree is a big decision, and ABC is happy to advise you on whether or not your tree is posing a potential danger to your home or family. Our tree care experts can diagnose and treat any tree conditions or diseases which your tree might be suffering from. If you’d like to avoid removing a tree, we can suggest alternatives if our experts determine the tree is at a low risk of falling.
Our process for tree removal service includes:
- Conducting a thorough site assessment to determine what steps need to be taken to lessen any potential impact to nearby trees, fence lines, landscaping, power lines, cars or sheds.
- Pruning any hanging or dead branches that are likely to fall as the tree is being removed.
- Undercutting and back-cutting the tree in the direction the tree should fall to prevent any potential problems during the removal process.
- Climbing the tree to remove branches from the trunk.
- Cutting the trunk into right-sized pieces for firewood (if you desire), as well as cutting and bundling branches so that they can be put out with your tree waste for disposal.
- Cleaning up your yard of any remaining limbs and branches.
Our Certified Arborists take care in treating your home as their own. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.
ABC’s tree care team includes certified arborists, meaning our customers benefit from the best, most up-to-date knowledge on tree biology and environmental factors which impact tree growth and health. The industry-related certifications and accreditations which our staff hold include:
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist
Texas Oak Wilt Qualified
Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) Commercial Pesticide Applicator
Knowing why and how to remove a tree requires specialized knowledge, so Houston homeowners trust their tree care to ABC. In addition, our company is proud to be a member of the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA) and the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA).
How much will it cost to remove my tree?
The cost to remove a tree is based on a number of factors. To give you the most accurate estimate, when you call ABC, we will send an inspector to your property. The inspector will take a closer look at the tree you would like to have removed, address any concerns or questions you may have and tell you more about what you can expect if you choose ABC for tree removal service.
After this free consultation, ABC will send you a no-obligation estimate. Once you approve this estimate, we will contact you to schedule a time to have the work done.
What weather and environmental conditions can cause significant damage to my trees?
Here in Houston, we experience a variety of weather-related events which can lead to enough damage which may force you to make a decision about whether your tree needs to be removed.
Weather and environmental conditions which can contribute to tree damage with the potential for removal include:
- Pest Infestations