In Texas, mosquitoes can be irritating, whether you’re spending time outdoors or trying to enjoy your peaceful garden. However, Texas is home to many species of plants that can help repel mosqui...
Houston Artificial Turf Installation: Lawn Care Service
With the intense Texas sun, consistently high temperatures and infrequent rainfall, keeping grass green in Houston is nearly impossible. Whether you're sick of pouring time and money into your yard or want a more practical solution, you may want to consider artificial turf installation. The pros at ABC Home & Commercial Services can advise you on lawn care services like artificial turf installation and get the job done right. With ABC's help, you won't need to worry about your lawn again.
Low Maintenance Lawn Care
Keeping your lawn green year-long can be time-consuming. Artificial turf installation is an excellent alternative to maintaining grass. It’s a low-maintenance solution that can even lower residential water usage by as much as 50 percent.
The most common reasons our customers ask us to install artificial grass include the following:
- Improved appearance all year when compared to dead or dying grass that might get patchy or be vulnerable to disease.
- Low-maintenance requirements free up time to spend on other things.
- More resilient to wear and tear from foot traffic and activity from children and pets.
- Better drainage in yards with pools or where water may collect, leading to pest issues and other problems.
- Increased enjoyment of your outdoor spaces for specialized uses, including putting greens and dog runs.
Unlike some home projects that can be performed by handy homeowners, installing artificial turf is best left to the pros. Our experienced technicians will ensure all of the edges are tucked correctly and that the binding of the joints is just right to ensure your new turf looks perfect.
Our artificial turf installation process involves seven steps:
- Excavation: We typically recommend removing around four inches of sod, soil, and roots to create a level surface. When we remove these materials, we will be cautious to avoid any damage to electric, gas, or water lines.
- Preparing the Base: To bring your lawn up to its previous height, we will spread around four inches of crushed granite evenly across the project area, tamping until compact and smooth for proper drainage and installation. If needed, we will install any bender board during this stage.
- Rolling Out the Turf: We will roll out the turf, carefully aligning the seams and securing them with seam tape or turf glue. We’ll also make sure to use the same spool or run for your job, so your new lawn will have the same color and texture throughout.
- Cutting to Fit: We cut the turf to your desired dimensions using specialized tools, leaving a small amount of excess.
- Securing in Place: We’ll then pin your new turf along the perimeter, tucking the excess neatly into the border.
- Spreading Infill: Based on your needs, we’ll recommend a type of infill and the amount needed and spread this across the surface.
- Grooming Turf Blades: To get your new turf looking picture-perfect, we’ll use a broom or brush to get your blades to the desired angle.
Once that’s done, all you’ll have to do is enjoy your new lawn! Get in touch with our lawn care experts today to get started with a free consultation.
The ABC Process
Step 1: Contact ABC
We’ll learn what you need over the phone or during an in-person meeting at your home. Usually, we can schedule an appointment in a few business days.
Step 2: Get An Estimate
We’ll provide you with an estimate based on your goals and our recommended set of services. Once we get your approval, we will get you on the schedule.
Step 3: Service
Our trained specialists perform all agreed-upon services. When we’re done, we will clean up any debris to keep your yard neat and looking great.
Step 4: Follow-Up
Depending on what services we performed on your property, we’ll provide you with an update or recommend additional follow-up or ongoing services.
Our customers tell us that they choose ABC because of our decades of experience helping homeowners in Texas. ABC has been providing Texas homeowners with top-notch customer service for over 70 years. Our customers trust that the technicians coming to work on their home are the best of the best.
We can turn your vision for your front and back yard into reality.
Our customers count on us to treat their homes with the same care and attention that we would our own. That means that while your ABC technician is working on your lawn, you can trust that your home is in good hands.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a guarantee for these services?
Yes! The products we install have a 100% lifetime warranty from the manufacturer.
What is the artificial turf made of?
Modern-day turf, including the products we use, are created from renewable resources. This generation of artificial turf contains 70% less petroleum than its predecessors. Both the turf and the infill are made from non-toxic ingredients. In many cases, these materials are recycled.
I've heard that artificial turf causes a build-up of bacteria and odors from pet waste. Is that true?
This is one of the most common myths about artificial turf. One of the inlays available contains a neutralizing agent, which can make your new yard ideal for your furry family members.
Can you work on my yard while I'm not at home?
Once your initial consultation is complete, we can schedule a time to return to install your artificial turf, even if you will be away at work. All we’ll need from you is any information about accessing your development or yard, whether that’s gate codes or any other special instructions.
We offer a full range of lawn services.
More Lawn Care Solutions In Houston
What Our Customers Are Saying
“ABC is top notch. They came out right away to inspect for an estimate and offered a very thorough explanation as to what needed to be done to fix our issues. They provided our service the very next day and worked in the rain and in the dark, making sure that nothing was left undone before they left. I feel comfortable that they have taken care of our problem and I can sleep better tonight. Christopher was so great! Thank you ABC! I feel really good about our decision in choosing you to take care of our home moving forward!”
“Marco did an awesome job of running the project. He made good suggestions that worked out well for landscaping our backyard. He also went the second mile to help solve the small issues that arise when this type of work is performed. My wife and I are very happy with our beautiful new backyard which came at a fair price.”
When it comes to having the lawn of their dreams with lush flower beds and a perfectly manicured yard, many homeowners have to make a choice between spending their time maintaining their lawn or findi...
Need Lawn Services For Your Business?
Our lawn care specialists will ensure you make a good first impression on your customers by keeping your facility’s exterior looking nice and tidy.