Rodent Control Experts You Can Trust
We understand that your yard is the front face of your home. It is the first thing others see when they come over, and the first thing that you see when you return home from work. After putting in the time and effort to make sure your lawn and garden are attractive, it can be frustrating when moles or gophers cause damage.
There are several signs that you may have been visited by these underground pests:
- Molehills or Gopher mounds. Like ants, as moles and gophers tunnel, they get rid of the dirt. Moles are most active during the day. Mounds for deeper tunnels or runway mazes for the subsurface tunnels can seemingly spring up in a single day.
- Tunnels, which look like lines through your yard, can sometimes be seen, even when underground.
- Dead plants and grass can be an indicator of moles’ burrowing activity. As moles’ dig they push plants and grass up, damaging root systems.
Our specialists use a combination of a machine called the Burrow RX and mole repellent. Both of these methods are kid and pet-friendly and don’t result in any odor in your yard after the removal of these pests.
Determining the Type of Pest Invading Your Yard
Many Dallas-area homeowners don’t have the tools or experience to handle a mole or gopher infestation. ABC’s trained professionals will identify the type of rodent digging around your home and evict moles, gophers, or any other type of pest that might be causing unsightly dirt mounds.
Key differences between Moles & Gophers:
- Gophers look very similar to squirrels without the fluffy tails. They spend most of their time underground and come out at night as they are nocturnal animals.
- Gopher mounds look like small piles of dirt that have been plugged up. Although gophers are solitary animals, they can dig over 200 mounds per year.
- Moles are smaller with a very distinct look: tiny eyes, a slim, pointed snout, and paddle-like feet with claws made for digging. They mostly live life underground and rarely come out of their burrows.
- Molehills are dug closer to the surface and create tunnels that can cause ridges above ground connecting from hill to hill.
At ABC, we understand that when you see signs of moles or gophers in your yard, you want to get treatment started quickly. Just reach out to us and we would be happy to send one of our team members to inspect your property and create a customized treatment plan. If you experience any of the aforementioned signs, contact us today for a free consultation.
ABC has been providing effective pest control for over 70 years to homeowners across Texas and Florida. All job candidates are drug tested and background checked prior to getting hired which is why our customers feel comfortable with our specialists on their property.
ABC’s pest control professionals go through an extensive in-house training program to learn the behaviors of these pests and the best ways to successfully manage pest problems. Finally, one of our guiding principles is to always treat your home as if it was our own, so you can expect that we will be respectful of your home, yard and belongings.
What happens after I contact ABC?
After you reach out to us, we will come to inspect your property and verify any mole or gopher activity, We’ll determine the level of infestation and suggest the amount of treatment needed. During your inspection, you can expect your ABC Rodent Control specialist to:
- Ask you questions about where you’ve been seeing mole activity or tunnels
- Verify that the activity is caused by moles
- Answer any questions you may have about moles, gophers, our processes and our treatments
At the end of the inspection, you will be provided with an estimate for the recommended next steps. Upon your approval, we will put your first service call on the calendar.
Can’t I get rid of moles myself?
Many homeowners in Dallas don’t have access to traps for moles and don’t want to use poison or bait in their yards. And, because moles live in underground tunnels, it makes them even more difficult for a homeowner to control. Our wildlife removal team members have the experience and knowledge to ensure that your yard is free of these tunneling pests.
How often will you treat my property?
While many homeowners hope that a pest problem will be resolved in just one or two visits, our team members usually have to return to treat your property repeatedly until the problem is reolved. After your free inspection, our experts will treat your yard weekly until they see that the issue is under control. After that, they can continue quarterly monitoring to ensure that moles don’t return.
What impact do the products you use have on my family and the environment?
At ABC, our top priority is your family. As a family-run business, we believe in treating your home as if it was our own, so we only select products that we use in our own homes and yards. Our professionals use an organic mole repellent made from essential oils. Our mole repellent is made from citronella, garlic and other natural products. Essentially, it makes the mole’s food taste bad so they go elsewhere to look for meals, and leave your yard alone.
Our ABC rodent control specialist would be happy to address any of your questions regarding the products we use, and your treatment plan, during the inspection process.