ABC Can Clear Clogged Drains
While we might not think about it much—that is, until they stop working properly—we use our drains every day, whether in the shower, the kitchen or at the bathroom sink. As time goes on, our drains get narrower due to the normal build-up of grease, soap, hair, food debris and other materials. Unfortunately, drains can’t clear themselves. When water flow is impacted, these problems often require the help of a professional.
Regular drain cleaning is important…here’s why:
- Gets rid of foul odors by getting rid of food particles and other debris from everyday use.
- Prevents pooling water which could be a hotspot for bacteria and other germs or even pests.
- Reduces clogs and promotes faster drainage by removing any obstructions in the pipes.
- Increases the lifespan of your drain by minimizing damage that can accumulate over time.
- Avoids costly repairs in the future by addressing smaller problems before they become too big.
While many drain problems stem from this accumulation of waste over time, you could also experience a more sudden clogged drain, for a number of reasons. No matter what kind of drain problem you come across, ABC’s licensed plumbers can help.
Here are a few things you can do to avoid drain issues:
- Pour any grease that might have collected from cooking into a heat-safe container that you can then throw in your trash can, as opposed to putting these problematic materials down the drain. Just make sure to wait for the hot grease to cool down before you dispose of it.
- Compost your coffee grounds and eggshells instead of throwing them into your garbage diposal.
- Install filters or screens for your kitchen and bathtub sinks to prevent a build-up of hair and soap residue in your pipes.
- Pour a cup of white vinegar down your drain every month or so. After 30 minutes, run piping hot water down your drain to remove any residue you may have in your drain.
There is a lot of work that goes into maintaining your home and sometimes, it can get overwhelming trying to balance it all. Our drain cleaning experts at ABC have the tools and expertise to take care of these issues so that there’s one less thing you have to worry about. Get started by consulting with our plumbing specialists today and receive a free, no-obligation estimate.
At ABC, we stand behind our work and strive to consistently exceed our customers’ expectations. That’s why we take the time to walk you through what we plan to do and give you a chance to ask us any questions you may have.
We want you to feel comfortable with our employees in your home, so we require all our team members to pass a drug test and a criminal background screening before getting hired. Extensive in-house training is provided to new plumbers to ensure they are prepared to handle any plumbing problem they may come across. Our customers tell us that they continue to use ABC because we provide high-quality, reliable plumbing services and excellent customer service.
How quickly can you get here?
Plumbing issues tend to pop up when you least expect them—and when it’s the most inconvenient. That’s why ABC offers emergency plumbing services 24 hours a day. While we prioritize the most pressing plumbing problems, we also do our best to schedule other drain cleaning service calls as soon as we can find a time that’s convenient with your schedule. Usually, that means getting an experienced plumber to your home within just a few business days.
How do I know I have a drain issue?
The tell-tale sign of a clogged drain problem is water draining more slowly from sinks, tubs or showers. If you’re finding standing water that’s sitting for an extended period of time after showering or washing your hands, you could have a problem. In some cases, a foul smell coming from the drain could signal you need to bring in a pro. Of course, sometimes, drains simply stop working altogether. In any case, calling in a drain cleaning expert will save you time and could end up saving you money, since some DIY efforts can actually end up causing bigger headaches.
Could I have problems with any type of drain?
While we wish this weren’t the case, the truth is that all drains are susceptible to problems over time. While the reason for the obstruction can vary, ABC’s skilled pros have helped countless Dallas-area homeowners who have had issues with their kitchen drains, bathroom sinks, shower and tub drains, toilets and floor drains. Every plumbing problem is slightly different, so we offer customized solutions that extend beyond just drain cleaning to repairs, installations—you name it, and we can do it.