Identifying the Proper Pest Control Services After Spotting a Nest
Spotting a bee or wasp on your property may indicate these insects nest in and around your home. It can be challenging to determine what type of pest you’re dealing with since they often share similar characteristics. After an initial pest inspection, our highly trained technicians will recommend a course of action to address your specific needs.
Services we can provide include:
- Locating bee and wasp nesting spots and removing or applying treatments in these areas to stop the spread of these insects
- Utilizing effective, low-impact products to eliminate existing flying insects
- Humanely relocating bee hives
- Inspecting your property for cracks and openings in your home’s exterior, including soffits, wall voids, and window and door casings, to eliminate future points of entry
Professional Bee Removal Services
Knowing where different bee species nest can help you inspect your property before calling in an expert.
Although Texas is home to hundreds of bee species, these varieties are the most common:
- Bumblebees can nest in virtually any type of cavity, including abandoned rodent nests and upside-down pots.
- Carpenter bees build nests in wood so that you can find evidence of these insects on your fence posts, in and around your decks, and on the roof and eaves of your home.
- Squash bees typically nest in sandy soil, gardens, and pathways.
- Leafcutter bees nest in wooden tunnels and even on the ground
- Sweat bees make their homes in sunny areas with compact soil, and bee nests often aren’t covered with vegetation.
- Mason bees nest in wood tunnels, wood boards with drilled holes, and even soda straws.
- Yellow-faced bees sometimes nest in dead stems.
- Andrenid bees nest in sunny spots in your yard, such as in sandy soil, bare ground, and even under-leaf material.
Depending on where you see bee activity around your home, an ABC technician can determine the best course of action for safely removing them from your property. Contact a Bee Removal expert at ABC today and get started with a free consultation.
Expert Wasp Control
Texas is also home to many types of wasps, including paper, yellow jackets, hornets, cicada killers, mud daubers, and Mexican honey wasps. Wasps tend to make their homes underneath overhangs, so you can often find evidence of nests under eaves, porches, decks, and around wall cavities, bird boxes, sheds, and garages.
Removing nests on your own may seem like the most straightforward form of wasp control, but it can be potentially dangerous if you or a family member is allergic to a wasp’s painful sting.
Our highly trained and knowledgeable pest control specialists know exactly where to look to determine whether bees or wasps are nesting on your property. ABC experts can advise how to address these areas and prevent your home from being a haven for these stinging insects in the future. Get started today with a free, no-obligation estimate.
At ABC, we recognize both your need to keep your family and pets free of painful stings and the important ecological role of pollinators. That’s why we make every effort to relocate bee colonies to areas that are better suited for both humans and these important insects. Our concern for the environment extends to your home , and that means only using low-impact products.
In some cases, we may not be able to remove bees from your property without killing them. If the location of the hive makes the bees impossible to remove, or if the risk that these stinging insects pose to your family is immediate, we may recommend a bee kill treatment. In such cases, we will let you know and leave the decision up to you before moving forward.
How soon can you come out?
We understand that once you see bees or wasps in and around your home, you want the problem taken care of immediately. Give us a call and we will send a pest control expert to your home as soon as possible to inspect your property and recommend a course of action.
Can I remove bees on my own?
We learn at a very young age that it can be very dangerous to disturb a bee or wasp nest. Bee and social wasp species use alarm pheromones to send a chemical signal to the rest of the colony to attack if they feel a threat is imminent. Avoid the risk of painful stings by calling in the experts at ABC to handle bee removal or wasp control.
How does the bee removal process work?
Once our pest control experts survey your property and locate a hive, we will use our Bee-Vac to suck the live bees out of their nesting spots. Then, we remove all viable honeycombs and nest sites. Live bees are transported, unharmed, from your home to a remote location. Then, we seal the entry point to the colony to ensure that bees no longer choose your property as a nesting spot.
What if I still see bees and wasps after a treatment?
It is not unusual to see an increase in activity as we apply treatments which drive these flying insects out of their normal hiding spots. This increase is only temporary.
If we remove an entire hive, we guarantee that you will not see bee activity in that spot for one year. If you do continue to see bees at the spot of removal within a year, we will return to take care of the problem, at no cost to you.