ABC can provide any type of wildlife or rodent control that Katy homeowners may need. Our professionals are highly trained on rodent and wildlife behavior and will be able to locate all of these animals’ hiding and nesting areas. From there, we will strategically set traps and remove all unwanted critters.
Although we can create a plan for any nuisance animal on your property, we most commonly help homeowners with:
Once we have confirmed that we have removed all of the unwanted creatures from your property, we will seal off potential entry points other wildlife could use to gain access to your spaces. We will also install rodent barriers in areas that cannot be sealed off, such as vents and chimneys.
For further peace of mind, many customers sign up for our rodent exclusion program. Customers who choose this option benefit from regularly scheduled inspections to ensure that all potential wildlife entry points are sealed off and there aren’t any new signs of rodent activity.
Most of ABC’s pest control plans begin with a free in-person inspection. By assessing the pest problem first-hand, our pros can locate pest hiding and nesting areas. With this information, we can create the most effective treatment plan possible. During your complimentary inspection, your wildlife specialist will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your problem. After gathering all of the necessary information, we will create a custom treatment plan and provide you with a quote for our services. When we get your approval, we will schedule your first service call.
Homeowners know they can count on ABC for rodent control in Katy because we have been providing reliable pest control services for over 70 years. We use our decades of experience to create the most effective treatment plans possible, so our customers can spend more time doing things they want to do, like enjoying family time in Mary Jo Peckham Park.
Also, our customers choose us because of the people we hire. We have a thorough interview process and all job applicants are drug tested and background checked. Before performing service calls, all specialists go through an in-house training program to learn about wildlife habits and behaviors and the best strategies to capture and remove these creatures. Finally, as a family-run business, one of our values is that we always treat our customers’ homes as if they were our own.
How soon can you come out?
We understand that if you’re dealing with a rodent or wildlife problem, you want a professional to come to your home as soon as possible. This is why we do everything we can to get your initial inspection on our schedule at the earliest opportunity. Once we finish the inspection, we can create a custom treatment plan to get the problem under control.
What does your rodent exclusion warranty cover?
Customers who sign up for our rodent exclusion program receive regular trap checks by our licensed pros. If a rodent problem develops between these calls, contact us. We will send a specialist back to your home at no additional cost.
Unfortunately, certain types of homes are more susceptible to rodent and wildlife problems. For example, properties with Spanish tile roofs have gaps that are easy for rodents to squeeze through. Additionally, pier and beam homes have large crawl spaces that cannot be completely sealed off. Because we cannot guarantee results in these circumstances, our traditional warranty is not extended to these types of homes. As part of our initial inspection, we will determine the best plan of action to control the current wildlife problem and what steps we can take to prevent a future problem.
How can I prevent a rodent or another type of wildlife from making my property its home?
It’s much easier to prevent a rodent or wildlife problem than it is to control an established population. To prevent a future rodent problem, Katy homeowners can take the following steps:
- Seal cracks, gaps and crevices along your home’s exterior. Although it is unlikely that you have gaps along your home’s exterior that are large enough for a raccoon, mice can squeeze through holes that are smaller than a dime. Also, rats can squeeze through openings that are smaller than a silver dollar.
- Remove potential food sources. Make sure that all pet food and birdseed containers are kept in tightly sealed containers and that trash cans are outfitted with securely fitting lids. Inside your home, quickly clean up any spills, keep food in containers with lids and put dishes in the dishwasher shortly after use.
- Make your yard less hospitable for pests. Keep your outdoor areas neat and tidy through regular mowing, trimming and pruning. This will give pests fewer areas to nest. Also, move woodpiles and other vegetation away from the exterior of your home, and remove any other potential nesting spots, such as old tires.
These efforts can be very helpful in preventing an infestation. By taking these preventative measures, you’ll save yourself time in the long run, so you can spend your free time doing things you actually want to do such as watching your kid’s baseball game at Katy Park or having a family day at Buffalo Bayou.
How would I know these larger pests were in or around my house?
There are a few different things you can look out for that would indicate that you have a larger pest problem. Common signs of rodents and other forms of wildlife include:
- Droppings, which can range in size from a grain of rice to nearly the size of pet feces.
- Burrows or nesting sites, which can be in the dirt surrounding your home or in your garage or attic.
- Gnaw marks on wood, wires and other household items.
- Odd noises coming from your attic, chimney, walls or under your patio or deck.
- Overturned trash cans or damage to containers holding pet food or birdseed.
Are the products which you use kid- and pet-friendly?
As a family-run business, ABC chooses all of the products that we use with family in mind. We have a thorough product research process, and we only choose products that we would feel comfortable using on our own properties. Furthermore, we only select treatments that are specifically formulated for residential use. If you have any additional questions about the products that we use, your specialist would be happy to answer them.
Do you service commercial facilities?
Yes, ABC provides commercial rodent control in Katy. We understand that businesses have different needs than residences, which is why we have specialists who are specially trained to service these types of facilities.