ABC is happy to help with any type of wildlife problem on your property. Our specialists have extensive training on the habits and behaviors of these creatures. We will be able to locate all their hiding and nesting points. Then, we will create a comprehensive plan to trap and remove all the unwanted critters.
While we can help with any nuisance wildlife, we most commonly get calls about:
Our plans begin with identifying what type of creature is on your property. Then, we strategically set up traps to remove them. Once all the creatures are gone, we’ll seal up potential entry points. This can help to prevent future problems. We will also set up barriers in areas that can’t be sealed, such as vents and chimneys.
Customers who sign up for our rodent exclusion program benefit from further peace of mind. With this program, we will inspect your property on a regular basis to ensure all potential entry points are sealed off and there are no new signs of rodent activity.
Many of ABC’s pest control plans begin with a free inspection. When we assess the pest problem first hand, it allows us to create the most effective plan possible. We will be able to locate all pest hiding and nesting areas, and find how the pests have gained access to your home. And, your specialist will ask about what you’ve been seeing. With this information, we can create a treatment plan that will be the most effective for your particular problem. To wrap things up, we will provide you with an estimate. Once you approve our estimate, we will schedule your first service call.
Homeowners have been trusting ABC for pest control since 1949. For the past 70 years, we have learned the best techniques to target and control pests. Our specialists learn these strategies in an in-house training program. You can feel confident that we will provide you with effective rodent control in Sugar Land so that you have more time to do the things you enjoy, whether that’s bringing the family to the Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center or entertaining at home.
We have also earned a reputation for having courteous, professional specialists. This is in part due to our hiring process. All job applicants go through thorough interviews, are drug tested and are background checked. Also, as a family-run business, we value treating our customers’ homes as if they were our own.
How soon can you come out?
We understand it is concerning to find rodents and wildlife on your property. If you are in this situation, you probably want a professional to come to your home as quickly as possible. This is why we do everything we can to get your inspection on our schedule at the soonest opportunity. Once we finish your inspection, we will create a custom treatment plan to control your pest problem.
What does your rodent exclusion warranty cover?
You can have peace of mind when you sign up for our Rodent Exclusion Service. With this service, our professionals will regularly come back to your home to check traps. If a rodent problem develops between calls, let us know. We will send someone to your property at no additional cost.
Unfortunately, some properties are more susceptible to rodent infestations than others. For example, gaps between Spanish tiles make it easy for rodents to make their way inside a home. Also, pier and beam homes have large crawl spaces that can’t be sealed off completely. Because we cannot guarantee results, our traditional warranty can’t be extended to these types of properties. During our initial inspection, we can determine what the best management plan will be. Once we have a better understanding of your situation, we can create the best plan to address your needs.
How can I prevent a rodent or another type of wildlife from making my property its home?
It’s much easier to prevent a rodent infestation than it is to control a population of rats or mice. Sugar Land homeowners can take the following steps to prevent rodents:
- Seal holes, cracks and gaps along your home’s exterior. You likely don’t have cracks big enough for raccoons to squeeze into. But, rats can squeeze through cracks the size of a half dollar. And, mice can get in through gaps the size of a nickel. Be sure to seal up even small holes and gaps.
- Remove potential food sources. Make sure you keep all pet food and birdseed in tight containers. Preferably, use containers that mice can’t chew through, such as metal containers. Make sure that your trash cans are closed securely. Inside your home, clean up spills shortly after they happen. Also, put your food in tightly sealed containers that mice can’t access. Once you’re done with your dishes, clean them off and put them in the dishwasher.
- Make it difficult for rodents to nest outside. Rodents like safe, sheltered areas to build their nests. A large woodpile or overgrown brush are perfect spots for a rat or mouse to build a nest. Through regular mowing, pruning and trimming, you’ll give these pests fewer hiding spots. Additionally, keep your yard tidy. Remove any old tires and move firewood away from the exterior of your home. This can also help in the fight against pests like mosquitoes and cockroaches.
All these steps can make a difference in preventing future problems. When you integrate these measures into your routine, you’ll save yourself time in the long run. Instead of dealing with a rodent infestation, you can take advantage of all our area has to offer, which could mean taking your kids to the Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land. Or, maybe you’ll have the time for a bike ride through Oyster Creek Park. Perhaps you’ll prefer to simply relax in your rodent-free home.
How would I know these larger pests were in or around my house?
There are a few tell-tale signs that you have rodents or wildlife living on your property. Common signs of rodents include:
- Droppings, which can vary in size depending on the wildlife on your property. Mice droppings are only about the size of a grain of rice. Raccoon droppings are similar to dog feces in size.
- Nesting sites or burrows, which can be in the dirt around your home, in your attic or in your garage. Larger wildlife may live in areas like your crawl space or a gap under your deck.
- Gnaw marks on wood, wires and other household items as rodents try to shorten their ever-growing teeth.
- Odd noises coming from your attic, chimney, walls or from underneath your deck or patio.
- Overturned trash cans or damaged pet food or birdseed containers.
Are the products which you use kid- and pet-friendly?
ABC is a local, family-run business. Just like you, we have high expectations for the products used on our properties. This is why we have a thorough research process in place. We only select products we would feel comfortable using in our own homes and yards where our kids and pets play. And, we only select products specifically made to be used in and around homes. During your inspection, your specialist will determine out the lowest concentration of chemicals to use. Our goal is to be effective, but low impact. If you have any specific questions, your specialist would be happy to answer them.
Do you service commercial facilities?
ABC is happy to provide your business with rodent control in Sugar Land. We understand the impact these large creatures can have on operations and your business. This is why we have specialists with specific training for commercial facilities.