There’s nothing quite like warm weather. The smell of freshly cut grass, the sound of the sprinklers and enjoying time outside in your yard.
Tree Services & Tree Trimming in San Antonio, TX
Trees can add curb appeal, increase security and provide shade from the hot Texas sun. Due to the size of trees and their roots, they often require specialized care and attention to avoid disease and falling. When it comes to tree services, San Antonio homeowners rely on the certified arborists at ABC Home & Commercial Services. We can provide you with tree care as well as any tree removal services you need to keep your trees beautiful and safe.
ABC provides full-service tree care in San Antonio and the surrounding communities with certified arborists and experienced, reliable crews.
Trees require specialized care that is best performed by certified arborists. These professionals have a deep understanding of how local conditions can affect tree growth and health. The certified arborists at ABC can assess the health of your trees and suggest a plan to address a variety of problems and keep your trees in optimal health.
There are many reasons why homeowners may need to have tree branches pruned, including:
- removing damaged or diseased branches;
- preventing limbs from falling and damaging your property and belongings or putting your family at risk;
- allowing for adequate roof and structure clearance to prevent pests from having an easy pathway to get inside your home and
- allowing more sunlight into the canopy of the tree.
Unfortunately, tree trimming is no easy task, especially if you have towering oak trees with a dense network of limbs.
ABC’s certified arborists can trim these back tree branches safely and in a way that keeps your trees healthy. In addition, we can remove deadwood or moss balls, and clear any branches or twigs that may have fallen on your roof during a storm. We can even recommend and make repairs on your property if damage from tree limbs after a storm has been extensive.
Over time, trees on your property may die or become diseased. Or, there are situations in which a homeowner may be faced with a difficult decision to remove an otherwise healthy tree because it is growing too close to utility lines or your home’s foundation, or you need to make room for expanding your home’s footprint because of a remodel. In all of these situations, a professional is best equipped to advise you on whether a tree should be removed and can handle the job in a way that is safe and takes into account any unique circumstances or features of your property.
Why might my tree need to be trimmed or removed?
There are a variety of reasons homeowners should consider removing trees on their property, including:
- Trees growing too close to your home. Branches can scratch your roof and siding and a large tree’s root system can destroy your home’s foundation.
- Dead or diseased trees which are at risk of falling or losing limbs. Many of us don’t detect signs of common tree conditions until it’s too late. An arborist can perform a health check of your tree to determine how likely it is to fall or shed large and heavy branches.
- Trees posing a safety hazard. If a tree grows too close to a power line, homeowners risk power failures, electrical fires and electrocution.
- Storm damage which weakens a tree. In some cases, damage from a weather-related event can compromise the structural integrity of a tree, putting you and your family at risk if the tree falls.
Your trees may be in trouble because of a number of different conditions, and the appropriate plan of action starts with diagnosing the problem. Depending on the nature and severity of the issue, we may recommend foliar sprays, trunk injections or other treatment methods.
Some of the more common tree diseases see in our area include:
- oak wilt,
- hypoxylon canker,
- root rot,
- bacterial leaf scorch,
- pest infestations,
- blight and
- drought damage.
With the help of our certified arborists, we can get your trees back to optimal health.
Insect and Pest Removal
You may be concerned when you see insects on your trees, and this may or may not be negatively impacting your tree health. Your ABC arborist can conduct an evaluation to determine what type of intervention might be necessary, which can include insecticide sprays or trunk injections.
Fortifying your trees with additional nutrients can help promote healthy root development and protect against disease. Our certified arborists can look for signs that your trees may benefit from fertilization. If that is the case, we can recommend a schedule of visits to keep your trees healthy, all year long.
Tree Air Excavation
When we walk around our trees, the surrounding soil can become compacted. As time goes on, this tightly packed soil can make it difficult for trees to receive proper water and nutrients. With ABC’s tree air excavation service, we will loosen up this compacted soil and make sure that your trees are getting everything they need to grow healthy and strong.
We offer a number of tree air excavation services to keep your trees healthy, including:
- Corrective on girdling roots — After our signature root collar excavation service, our trained experts will assess the root system that has been exposed. In some cases, some roots need to be pruned because they are girdling (cutting circulation) major anchorage roots.
- De-compacting soil — Texas is notorious for producing some of the harshest soil conditions unfavorable for tree health. Trees need to be able to expand their root system throughout the soil. Therefore, our air excavation service will de-compact the soil within the critical root zone of your tree. This will allow for your trees root system to expand and grow, improving your tree’s health.
- Vertical mulching — This service uses the air spade tool to create two-inch diameter holes two inches down into the ground within the critical root zone. Once that is completed, our specialists will use our signature organic compost to back fill the holes they’ve created to help the roots expand throughout the critical root zone.
The ABC Process
1. Contact ABC
We’ll learn what you need over the phone or during an in-person meeting at your home. Usually, we can schedule an appointment in a few business days.
2. Get An Estimate
We’ll provide you with an estimate based on your goals and our recommended set of services. Once we get your approval, we will get you on the schedule.
Our trained specialists perform all agreed-upon services. When we’re done, we will clean up any debris to keep your yard neat and looking great.
Depending on what services we performed on your property, we’ll provide you with an update or recommend additional follow-up or ongoing services.
In addition to receiving extensive in-house training, ABC’s tree care team members hold the following professional accreditations:
International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) Certified Arborist®
Texas Department of Agriculture (TDA) Commercial Pesticide Applicator
Choosing a company with such extensive experience helps ensure that your trees will be cared for by individuals with the most up-to-date and accurate information on both native and non-native species. In addition to these accreditations, ABC is a proud member of both the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and the Tree Care Industry Association (TCIA).
We can turn your vision for your yard into reality.
San Antonio homeowners have relied on ABC to take care of their homes for decades. In addition to having certified arborists working on your trees, ABC customers appreciate that all employees undergo rigorous background checks and drug testing. Above all, ABC’s highly skilled, reliable employees treat your home as they would their own.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer free estimates?
ABC provides no-obligation, complimentary estimates for tree service here in San Antonio. Once you reach out to us, ABC will send an inspector to your property to get more information about what you would like to have done and to make an initial assessment of the tree in question.
Our inspector will answer any questions you might have and deliver a set of recommendations and an estimate. After you approve the recommendations, ABC will schedule a service visit to get the work done. In many cases, after the initial appointment, tree service can be scheduled at a time that you are away from work, provided that you can provide us with information on how a technician can access your yard.
How can I protect my trees?
Homeowners value their trees, but are often unsure what they can do on their own to protect this important part of their landscape.
A few things you can do to care for your trees is to:
Avoid planting trees right next to your home’s foundation. Homeowners are often unable to predict how a tree’s root structure will develop over time, and tree roots too close to your living structure can penetrate your foundation or cause instability.
Remove dead trees close to your house. Over time, a dead tree will shed smaller twigs and then larger branches. Eventually, the trunk can fall unless it is removed.
Protect root systems from damage by preventing soil compaction. Tree roots provide stability and nourishment. Roots can be cut while you are digging and aerating in your lawn, and the pressure from cars and even heavy foot traffic can harm your trees.
What does tree care look like at my home?
How can I tell if my trees are unhealthy?
Most homeowners miss signs that a tree is unhealthy. If you are concerned about one of your trees, here are some signs that might indicate a problem:
- Wilted, brown or discolored leaves
- Holes, growths or spots on leaves
- Dead limbs
- Slower-than-normal growth or size
- Extensive or sudden loss of leaves
- Appearance of decay or rotting
- Signs of pest damage or an infestation
What tree diseases are common in San Antonio?
Arborists can easily diagnose a number of conditions which could be impacting your trees. Some of the more common issues we see here in San Antonio include:
- Oak wilt
- Hypoxylon canker
- Root rot
- Bacterial leaf scorch
- Pest infestations
- Drought damage
Homeowners may recognize signs of stress, but may not know exactly what to do about it. That’s when to call in the experts to help suggest ways to get your trees back to being healthy again.
What does oak wilt service look like?
Can mulch help my trees? If so, how should I apply it?
Mulch is a valuable addition to your tree care regimen. Applying mulch can help your tree by:
- Providing a buffer for your tree from extreme hot and cold temperatures
- Keeping your roots moist by retaining water
- Reducing any potential damage caused when you mow your yard
- Preventing weeds which rob your tree of water and nutrients
- Discouraging erosion so that water can sink into tree roots rather than washing away
To ensure your tree gets the biggest benefit from mulching, consider:
- Removing grass within a three to ten-foot radius of your tree, depending on the tree’s size
- Adding a two to four-inch layer of mulch made out of natural materials, such as bark chips or pieces of wood
- Spreading mulch carefully so you avoid accidentally cutting or damaging your tree’s root system.
We offer a full range of lawn services.
More Tree and Lawn Service Solutions in San Antonio
What Our Customers Are Saying
“Ricky is servicing my pool. He is very professional, reliable and on time. He cleans the pool, baskets and checks for chemicals needed for correct water balance. He is friendly and polite and explains any questions I have in reference to the pool/water. I would recommend him to anyone.”
“We had the best experience from beginning to end with ABC. From making the appointment to the inspection to the actual service. Mario was very pleasant and professional. He let us know he was on the way and was prompt to arrive. He was thorough and explained everything he was doing and also provided pictures of issues encountered. His expertise was reassuring and I would most definitely use their services again. I would highly recommend them to everyone.”
Nothing is more comforting than the clicking sound of the thermostat when it’s hot out. This should mean that cool air is on its way out to relieve you of the heat. But it can be alarming when n...
Need Lawn Services For Your Business?
Our lawn care specialists will ensure you make a good first impression on your customers by keeping your facility’s exterior looking nice and tidy.
ABC's Complete List of Home Services in San Antonio
Why deal with multiple service providers when ABC can do it all?
24/7 Repairs, Installs & Maintenance, All Brands
Service & Replacement of Most Major Brands
24/7 Service, Repairs, Installation & Upgrades
Gutter Cleaning, Window & Power Washing
Carpentry, Painting & More
Installation & Removal
Landscaping, Mowing, Tree Care, Fertilization, Sprinkler Repair
Ants, Spiders, Termites, Roaches, Bed Bugs, Scorpions & More
Cleaning, Maintenance & Repair
Cleaning, Maintenance & Repair
Water Softeners & Water Filtration