ABC’s experienced appliance repair technicians can help with nearly any type of refrigerator repair homeowners need in Austin. We work on almost all brands and can install, repair or replace any components for your fridge or freezer.
The most common issues we receive calls about include:
- fridge or freezer not cool enough
- frost or ice build-up
- drips coming from the ceiling of the fridge
- water leaking onto the floor
- the compressor not running
- the fridge constantly running or cycling too often
- torn gaskets
- door not closing or a fridge being off balance
- water dispenser not working
- food freezing in the fridge
- ice maker overflowing
Common parts we work on include:
- defrost sensors
- door gaskets
- ice makers
- temperature control boards
We’re also happy to provide you with honest advice about whether it’s time to replace your fridge if you start making more frequent repairs.
ABC has been providing reliable and high-quality home and commercial services in Austin for decades. Our loyal and long-time customers tell us that they appreciate that they can count on us for a growing number of services. They also know they can feel safe with all our technicians in their home, as our employees are drug tested and checked for criminal history prior to being hired. Once on board, our appliance repair team goes through extensive in-house training so they are prepared for any scenario they may encounter on the job. Last, but certainly not least, we treat your home as if it was our own.
Refrigerator & Freezer Maintenance Tips
To ensure the appliance is not overworking and runs as efficiently as possible:
- make sure the refrigerator coil is clean and free of dust.
- avoid stressing your refrigerator or freezer’s motor – allow adequate air flow behind the appliance by keeping at least two inches between the wall and the back of the unit.
- keep door seals free of buildup (melted popsicles, etc.).
Following these recommendations will help your refrigerator to work efficiently and prolong its working life.
What are some signs my refrigerator may not be working like it should?
Some telltale signs your fridge or freezer aren’t working properly include:
- Running too cold, not cold enough or fluctuations in temperature.
- Water pooling under your fridge.
- Your freezer not turning on.
- Clunking noises from your fridge or freezer.
- No ice coming from your freezer.
If you come across any of these issues, our experts can diagnose and address the problem, allowing you to safely store food again.
Can you work on all makes and models of refrigerators?
Our appliance repair team can fix most all makes and models of fridges. Drop us a line, and we’ll see what we can do for you!
Can you work on my freezer?
In most cases, ABC’s appliance repair technicians can make repairs to your standalone freezer units, whether you have any of the following problems:
- your freezer is not running entirely
- it’s not cold enough
- it’s too cold
- there is a loud noise coming from the freezer
- it is cycling on and off repeatedly
- there is water accumulating on the floor or inside the freezer
Should I fix or replace my fridge?
When one of our professionals comes to your home, you will receive an honest answer about whether fixing or replacing your fridge will be the best financial decision.
One of the things we will take into consideration is how long you have owned your refrigerator or freezer. If you own a compact refrigerator, the service life is generally about four to twelve years, while standard refrigerators work anywhere from ten to eighteen years. Your freezer should last anywhere from twelve to twenty years. If you have been performing regular maintenance on your appliances, they will probably keep working for longer than average.
If you’re thinking about replacing your fridge, keep in mind that the best rebates occur around holidays, including President’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day and Black Friday. If you can hold out and one of these days is approaching, it may save you money to make your purchase during these times of year.
What can I do to extend my refrigerator’s life?
There are a few things you can do to ensure your refrigerator and freezer are working in good condition.
You can prolong your refrigerator’s life by:
- Cleaning the refrigerator coils regularly and making sure they are free of dust, pet hair and other debris.
- Allowing adequate airflow behind your fridge’s motor—about two inches of space will suffice.
- Keeping door seals free of buildup, such as melted popsicles and other sticky food residue.
By following these recommendations, you can help your equipment run smoothly and last for a longer period of time.
I bought a new refrigerator and want to recycle the old one. How do I do that?
Check with your local utility provider or charitable organizations. In many cases, the utility company or charity will pick up and properly dispose of your old working refrigerator or freezer at no charge. You may even qualify for cash incentives or tax deductions when you recycle your old appliances. If ABC installs your new appliance, we will remove and recycle your old appliance at no additional charge.