They are professional, attentive to detail and very well knowledgeable. We recommend ABC to anyone looking for great care!
To understand soft water, we need to know what makes water hard. Hard water is water that has a high mineral content. It’s a natural result of minerals like calcium and magnesium accumulating during the water cycle, and it can happen with well water and even city water. The more calcium and magnesium dissolved in the water, the harder the water becomes. This is why certain cities and counties within the same state can have varying degrees of water hardness.
A water softener system treats your water at the point it enters the home. Having soft water means removing these hardness impurities before the water travels through your pipes and into your water-using appliances and before you draw water from the taps of your bathrooms and kitchen. Soft water is less than 1 gpg, whereas hard water is anything above 7gpg. Over 85% of households live in hard water areas.
ABC offers you a water softener system and reverse osmosis drinking water system, creating the healthiest water for all uses.
Water softeners treat hardness of water by removing calcium, magnesium, and sediment from the water. The benefits of soft water include:
- Reduced build-up of film on tubs, sinks, faucets & wall tiles
- Elimination of spotting on glassware, dishes & flatware caused by hard water
- Whiter and brighter laundry while using up to 50% less detergent
- Elimination of hard water residue in fabrics, which can help clothing last longer
- Reduced scale build-up in pipes and up to 29% lowered energy consumption of your water heater due to reduced scale build-up
- Decreased amount of cleaning agents and excess water going down the drain and back into your community's ground water and/or water system
ABC offers home water softeners in a single tank cabinet style or a two-tank system. How do you decide which system is right for your home? Our knowledgable specialists will guide you by considering the amount of space available for the system along with the hardness of your water.
One of the biggest misconceptions about water softeners is that the salt is what softens your water. What actually softens the water are the thousands of resin beads inside your softener that filter out hard water minerals.
Water softeners use a negatively charged ion exchange resin to collect the impurities from your water. The resin becomes charged when it mixes with a sodium or potassium solution. The salt in the water softener isn’t what softens the water; it is what enables the resin to collect and remove the hardness from your water.
Water softeners today have the benefits of smart home technology and high quality construction to keep your water cleaner and safer than ever before. Some features of our water softeners include:
- Wi-Fi and smart phone app monitoring with technology that sends continuous and excessive water use, system error, low salt and service reminder alerts -- including a water-to-drain sensing alert notifying you when an excessive amount of water is going to drain
- Water meter allowing for chemical feed dosing, flow switch operation and water use information
- Patented electronics digital demand module with sophisticated but easy-to-use electronics capturing historical usage patterns to predict future needs for precise regenerations
- Multi-wrap fiberglass reinforced resin tank liner that will not deteriorate, rust, or corrode
- Full one-Inch riser with self-cleaning distributors, built one inch in diameter for increased flow rates, ensuring household demand is adequately met with automatic cleaning by counter-current water pressure
- Patented stratified resin bed with a layered mix of fine and standard size resin providing superior filtration and iron removal without sacrificing flow rate capability
- Washed quartz underbedding for a cleaner, more thorough regeneration of the resin
- Positive-action brine valve with snap-together construction to eliminate the use of solvents that may contaminate water