One of the many advantages of contacting ABC for a plumbing project is that we are a full-service provider. Whether you have a leaky faucet or you think you have a more major problem like a slab leak, our licensed plumbers can help.
A specialist providing plumbing services in Helotes
When in need of a plumber, Helotes area homeowners know that ABC can get things done quickly and correctly. We frequently help homeowners with the following services:
- unclogging blockages in toilets, sinks and drains;
- preventing water waste by fixing leaking pipes and dripping faucets;
- repairing plumbing equipment such as toilets, water heaters, garbage disposals or water treatment systems;
- replacing older fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, with newer versions;
- quickly repairing gas or water leaks;
- making repairs to appliances that run on water, such as dishwashers, fridges and ice makers;
- determining if there is a problem with sprinkler systems through backflow testing and
- locating blockages in drains or sewer lines with advanced video technology.
All of ABC’s plumbers are licensed. In addition, all of our specialists go through an extensive in-house training program. You can feel confident that any ABC plumber in Helotes who arrives at your home will have the skills and experience to handle any plumbing issue or project. Additionally, all of our plumbing specialists are supervised by a Master Plumber. You can count on ABC for any plumbing repair or installation needs you may have.
ABC’s Warranties & Guarantees
At ABC, we stand by our work, and we want our customers to be completely satisfied. To ensure that our plumbers are performing work to a high standard, we offer a one year warranty on all our plumbing work. If you are unhappy with the work we have done, give us a call and we would be happy to send a specialist back to your home at no additional cost. Furthermore, we can issue you a refund if you aren’t completely happy.
In addition to the warranty we offer, some manufacturers offer guarantees on their products as well.
My water bill is higher than normal. What is going on?
It can be quite surprising and frustrating when you receive your water bill and it’s much more than what you were expecting. This can be especially troublesome if you can’t pinpoint what might have caused this to happen. Many homeowners are surprised to learn that seemingly minor plumbing problems can actually lead to a significant increase in your monthly water usaage. For example, a leaking faucet can waste up to a gallon of water a day and a running toilet could lead to a $100 increase in your water bill over the course of a year.
If you want to try to diagnose the cause of your costly bill, we recommend starting by inspecting the faucets and spigots that are located outside of your home. Because we don’t use these fixtures as often, we may not realize that they are leaking until we get an expensive water bill.
If you believe a running toilet is the cause of your high water bill, try taking a look inside the toilet bowl where the flapper is located. Your flapper may have worn out and may need to be replaced. Like most plumbing parts and components, your flapper can eventually wear out over time.
Another common problem area is with irrigation systems. You can take a walk around your yard and inspect for any damaged or broken sprinkler heads. After a full sprinkler cycle, keep an eye out for any waterlogged areas. Pooling water usually means that you need to modify the watering time for a station. It could also mean that there is a leak in the system. If you have inspected your plumbing and can’t seem to find the leak, contact ABC. Our specialists will be able to quickly find the problem and then get to work on fixing it. This will free up your time for things you actually want to do, like have a glass of wine at Helotes Creek Winery or take the kids to Helotes Hill Country Ziplines.
Can ABC plumbers install new plumbing equipment for me?
While the majority of our appointments involve making plumbing repairs, our specialists are fully equipped to install any plumbing equipment. We understand that you may have thought it would be simple to replace that old piece of plumbing equipment with a newer version. Our plumbers can install your new toilet, sink, faucet, showerhead, garbage disposal, water heater or any other appliance that runs on water. When you contact ABC, you can feel confident that we can take care of this for you, so you have more free time to work out at Helotes Fitness Park, run errands or do anything else you need to do.
Furthermore, you can rely on our specialists to give you honest advice on whether it would be more cost-efficient to replace or repair your plumbing equipment to help you make the best decision.
What are some things I can do to handle a slow or clogged drain?
At one point or another, everyone has to deal with a slow or clogged drain. If you’d like to try clearing the blockage yourself before calling in a licensed plumber, there are some things you can try:
- Take out the drain’s plug from your tub or sink and use a flashlight to perform a visual inspection. If you find anything, such as a buildup of hair, a toy or some other debris, you can remove the blockage.
- Slowly pour a small amount of enzyme-based drain opener down your pipes, which can help clear up any blockages that may be further down your drain. Follow the directions on the label of the drain cleaner. Or, run a slow stream of hot water down the drain to see if the obstruction has been cleared.
- If the drain is still slow or clogged, you can try using an auger to break up anything that’s causing your problem. When using one of these specialized tools, be extremely careful, especially if you don’t have much experience with one of these devices. If you don’t take proper precautions, you could end up causing more damage instead of resolving the problem.
In most cases, by the time a homeowner is looking for an auger to clear a blockage, it’s easier to just reach out to a licensed plumber to take care of the problem. When you contact a licensed specialist, you can have peace of mind knowing that the problem will be fixed correctly and you’ll save yourself some precious free time.
What if the plumber takes longer on my project or repair than originally anticipated?
Although it is rare, there are cases where even our most experienced plumbers in Helotes come across a plumbing issue that turns out to be a more involved project than what was originally anticipated. If this happens, we will present you with an updated timeline and estimate for all needed repairs.
If this expanded scope means that we will not be able to finish the project until the following day and you will be unable to go about your normal routine, we would be happy to arrange a stay at a hotel for your and your family, at no cost to you. This is included in our Comfort Guarantee, which also includes a one-year guarantee on our plumbing services.